Friday, July 30, 2010

How do you feel about interracial Relationships?

Whats your views and opinions? Would you ever be in one?


Everyone's opinions are welcome just back your answers.How do you feel about interracial Relationships?
In the real world there is no excuse to see interracial relationships as distasteful, evil or unacceptable.


In fact, people who DO see this in a negative way do so out of either ignorance, arrogance, a bad experience or being naive.


Granted, being visual, seeing someone of a different color is the very first thing we notice, a first measure of identification .


The color of one's skin is absolutely immaterial in judging character or intent.


Stereotypes have caused immeasurable damage to human relationships. It foments the US against THEM outlook, which readily and easily becomes racism.


Of course, stereotypes can be religious, economic or any number of other reasons to separate people from one another. But one's color may well be the easiest.


My wife is as black as I am white and we both realize this but when I see her all I can see is a beautiful woman, the most wonderful person I have ever met, a wife, mother, grandmother and my best friend.


But then again I am probably prejudiced in her favor ( ha ha ).How do you feel about interracial Relationships?
I have been in interracial relationships when I was younger and my son's girlfriend of several years is African-american.





When two people are attracted to each other or are in love it should not matter what what race they are or what gender they, especially in a free and open society.
they should be like other relationships, of course race plays a factor, especially if the parties involved are black and white. unf. history in this country makes people question others motives for having these relationships, some of the stereotypes are :





its about sex, its the forbidden fruit, he/she must hate themselves, he or she does not ';fit in'; with his own culture, he / or she is trying to move up or better himself ( especially if that person is black) , he is ONLY attracted to members of another race








thats never been the case in why i have dated someone of another ethnicity ( im a black female), it has to be a connection and mutual respect involved, if not why bother, you can learn alot about another culture and maybe find love. They have been around forever, but some people still can't accept it.do you and be happy with whoever you end up with.
Interracial relationships between two people of the same culture, or interracial relationships between two people from different countries?





There is actually a big difference. An interracial relationship from different countries faces the same issues as two Americans of different color, but with the additional stress of fusing two very different cultures together to create on relationship and maybe one day a single family unit. I have been in both types of interracial relationships. In high school I dated a black guy and that was really hard. I live in the South and so we dealt with a huge amount of criticism. Then I eventually married someone from a different country. This has had a great deal of different difficulties. There are many differences and every day we have to work to define the meaning of us and our family unit. It takes a special person to be willing to face this kind of challenge but it is not impossible by any mean. In the end of things what matters is how you feel about it. What others thinks is their problem. If you are comfortable dating outside your race then go for it. If not then don't. It is a completely personal decision that no one should judge anyone about.
I date outside my race, yet I cannot get it through to someone that it isn't a preference, it's the MAN!





My view %26amp; opinion is this... When you like someone, you like them. If you find that you are mutually attracted to one another on several levels, then go for it!





I love to see interracial couples. They have to rely on each other so much more, that the bond is really tight! That is, if they are dating or married because they are head over heals in love with each other. There are some people, who date outside their race for reasons of curiosity. However, it's the ';thrill'; of the idea, not the person or the relationship. In all actuality, they will not be able to handle the pressure of stepping it up to another level for fear of what their friends %26amp; family may think about them. I see this a lot %26amp; people get hurt...





Being color blind is a gift... It comes from within - not a learned behavior, it is what it is... You don't have to pretend to understand what the other race goes through, you are just ';there'; to be supportive, %26amp; to love unconditionally. There is never vulgar words spoken. There is never tearing into someone to over power them trying to be superior... It truly is an equal type of relationship...





Just my thoughts....
I LOVE them,


it makes me so happy to see everyones answers supporting them too.


i think whatever someone wants is what they want,





race shouldn't matter anyways, i mean like when you describe love you should mention trust, passion, communication %26amp; all that..nothing having to do with skin color.


im not saying we ALL have to be into interracial relationships, but people who sit there saying it's ';wrong'; or whatever are just totally ignorant.


I'm white and i personally don't date in my race...


idk why..it's just how i am..nothing wrong with any of that.
I've got no problem with interracial relationships. I'm in one myself (I'm black, he's white) and I'm very happy.





Sometimes, he and I get strange or even rude looks from other people, but I couldn't care less. When I see someone giving us ';the eye';, I just loop my arm through his and stand even closer to him.
It's really just like any other relationship. We're not color-blind. We don't wake up one day and look at our spouses, ';Hey, you're WHITE!?!?!';. We know the difference is there; it's just not that important. It's about priorities. Personality, intelligence, a shoulder to cry on, a friend to laugh with, good looks -- all those things are a thousand times more important.
I've been in an interracial relationship for 16 years, married for 12. We weren't attracted to each other because of, or in spite of, our racial difference, we just fell in love.
The same as I feel about all relationships; as long as there is respect, affection and genuine energy between the two, the details don't matter.
it's none of anyone's business what another does- to each it's own. i'm open to being in a interracial relationship.
Beautiful children come from interracial relationships, like my daughter :)
Whatever floats ones boat. I just don't like when people 'prefer' another race over their own for superficial reasons.
Live, and let live. I have never been in one, but I certainly would not rule it out. Have a nice day.
I have no opinion. People can do they want.
I have to proble

No comments:

Post a Comment