Friday, July 30, 2010

Is the INTERNET ruining alot of relationships?

Years ago, there was no Myspace, Facebook, etc. Now, everybody has ';friends'; on these sites. Imagine how relationships would be withOUT these sites!Is the INTERNET ruining alot of relationships?
I think it’s preventing relationships more than ruining them. There’s no relationship, friendship or any kind of real ';ship'; possible when the only interactions are typed words and photo-editing mixed with a vivid imagination.Is the INTERNET ruining alot of relationships?
Oh man, i don't know. I realize that these social networking sites are nice for friends. But the major RISKS implied while using that stuff. I say that as long as you are mature and careful about displaying information of any medium, then you should be fine. It's just that maturity is hard to come by in teens and most others. Truthfully, i CANNOT go onto a forum or myspace site without seeing some sort of derogatory comment. Imagine the world back in the Israelite times. When you had guests, you washed the guest's feet! Truthfully, a realtionship depends on the two people seeing each other. But YES, internet sites as those can ruin or even start a relationship.





EDIT: Man, another thumbs down, I have to remember this. Look, this is my opinion but I realize that calling today's society immature is...immature and I am not sorry. I stick to what i say.





EDIT 2: By the way, i don't use Myspace or Facebook.
That's an interesting question. I think it depends on what you believe. Myself, I believe in fate and things that were meant to be etc. I think these relationships would have failed whether there was internet or not. The internet is just a tool, almost like a defense mechanism to escape reality. If people didn't have the internet they would find something else to be their tool against reality.


The internet certainly doesn't help anything, but I think there's too much blame being thrown around ';if it weren't for the internet we'd still be together'; ';if it weren't for the beer/gambling we'd still be together'; etc. The REAL blame goes to the two people IN the relationship.
Ye you could say it has ruined many relationships, yet i beleive many relationships can start row and be destroyed from such networking sites.





I'm am a victim a to such sites.


I started a relationship with a girl from facebook (well she was a firend of a friend never the less we talked thorugh facebook)


later on dated her through facebook she talked to many other guys eventually we slpit up ...... as bad a facebook can be it can also be good
I don't have a Myspace or a Facebook, and I get along just fine. I think they're just a couple of sources for incredible amounts of unneeded stress. Face-to-face interaction has always been the most important kind, and no amount of ';social networking'; and ';Web 2.0'; horsesh*t is going to change that.





Studies have shown that as use of sites like Myspace and Facebook becomes more widespread, the average American's social skills are seeing a sharp decline. They're slowly eating away at our ability to function as normal humans, and the pitiful thing is that nobody seems to notice it, or that they WELCOME it.





Well okay, glad I got that rant out of the way.
Facebook killed my relationship! She was keeping secrets, flirting with other guys, making secret plans, and all the while its considered illegal for me to check her facebook without her consent which of course I never got. When it got leaked and I saw what had happened and what she had been doing it was over but I always blamed facebook and her because without facebook those guys would have had the balls and never have been able to flirt and make plans to hang out secretly without me knowing and wouldn't because their half my size -.-








And to fight all the girls who seem to think its a good thing...





I have been added multiple times by slutty flirty youngerish girls like 18 that are out there to flirt, have a good time send you pictures and webcam a bit.. All in secret just for the thrill and my gf didnt ever know... Happens more then you think trust me :p
Actually Facebook helped me contanct a bunch of people who I otherwise lost track of.





As all things, it's how you use the tools.





In general though, sociability of the average American 16 year old is nowhere near what it was 10 or 20 years ago.
Yeah cause sluty girls add your bfs and flirt with them, it makes it easyer to hook up with random people and comunicate with them. I check my boyfriends daily i have to, he cheated on me using myspace and i wont let it happen again. Sluty girls just sit there and hunt for guys they can get with which is what happend to my boyfriend she just randomly added him and started saying all this crap to him. we were having problems so it just happend.
I would be fine without it, it just means I gotta get off my azz instead of turning my laptop on haha xD
it would suck...


you couldnt meet new people FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!


which is AMAZING in fact, internet technologie is pretty amazing...


:))
no... it helps me keep in touch with people.
It is so sad hearing about how the Internet is ruining a lot of relationships. I never bothered with Myspace or Facebook and glad that I didn't.
it really is ruining alot of relationships


i dont know where alot of people today would be with Myspace


Bebo Facebook etc.
It has ruined my relationship with my girlfriend, because I met a girl on Tagged, and I don't know whether to leave my girlfriend or not. I wish I had never gotten on that site.
Well, how is that ';ruining'; them, if anything it sounds like it is enhancing them and strengthening them.
The Internet can't be blamed for peoples indiscretions. Cheaters will find a way with or without the Internet. Trust. ';-()
forreal ahaha myspace kinda ruined my last relationship!


its quite funny tho cuhs he gets all butt hurt cuhs gusy would always try to tlk to me on there HAHA!
it has ruined but also helped with some





in general it is the cancer of the internet
kinda
YES.RUINED MY LIFE!DA** MYSPACE!
yes the internet is but its all for money
yes, it is.
that sooo don't make Sense x lol

No comments:

Post a Comment