Friday, July 30, 2010

What are your opinions on long distance relationships?

As in... you met someone online, who in actuality lives several hundred miles away.What are your opinions on long distance relationships?
I was actually in a long distance relationship for 7 months. We met while I was on vacation in Ecuador for only a couple of days and stayed in contact via email for over a year. I later went back to visit him several times and spent about 2 months total with him, but I was completely in love. Recently, I started feeling really really lonely, and the relationship just wasn't meaningful anymore so we broke up.





Meeting a guy online is tough because you don't really know him, and even if you do go visit him or he visits you once in a while, you guys aren't experiencing the pressures of real life together, you just have vacation time together. And the real test of love is how you survive in hard times.





I say if you really like him go for it, and I hope it works out for it, but in my experience, long distance is just too hard.What are your opinions on long distance relationships?
I personally dont think long distance relationships would work, cos we all know the sayings: ';Out of sight, out of mind'; right?


And in the case you don't even know the person in person but online, there are less chances for the relationship to work. And we say and do things differently on the internet, like me and some guys that I actually know in real life, we can be really flirty on the internet but when we meet we just don't say anything!
It can be done with the right people. But I think for it to really work out there has to be a goal for when the two of you are going to come together once and for all. I don't think one would work if the two people are just living separate lives and just seeing each other when it is convenient for them.
do NOT go for it. I have had one online relationship and I drove 650 miles to see the girl in norther colorado. Her and I had known each other for 3 years....Now we barley speak. It was to akward and I found out after going there that she is far to immature for a relationship. It was somthing that had she been here in person I would have learned in the first few days.
Its really up to you, but meeting over the internet is risky business, and I'm not talking about the awesome Tom Cruise kinda way either.





There is always a chance they arnt who you expect, and it may break your heart.





But at the same time.





I lived in Sydney and my current partner lived in Brisbane. I eneded up moving up here and today is our 2year and 1month ano!
I'd say it's ok from my experience, if you like the person enough and they like you and are willing to deal with the possibility of never seeing you in real-life. Maybe after you feel comfortably enough talking to the person you could ask them for their number? Who knows.
I think you have to spend at least a few months together in person for it to really work. Like the situations where they lived in the same town, then one of them moved away. If you really, really love each other though, anything could work.
They work out for some, but not for me. Too much distance, not actually having met someone? Not very conducive for the long run, if you are looking for a decent relationship.
I think they don't work out so nicely, but if you actually get to meet the person, why keep it as a long distance relationship, when you can just move closer to each other and live happily ever after.
I have nothing against them, defiantly not for me though.
Its way too emotional..And you dont have any physical contact.
Why do people bother? Meet someone in the flesh, is it really that hard..
let me give you advice, get off the computer %26amp; meet people in person.
I dont think they work.. but hey go ahead with it!
i wouldnt do it plus i got a girl that i love with all my heart so yeah.
Trust is key. It'd be easier if you've met physically. I won't give my all for this kind of relationship, tho.
well...i've done it before and might be now, its hard but if you really love someone, just do it
i don't think they can work


i think you need physical contact for a relationship to survive

No comments:

Post a Comment