Friday, July 30, 2010

What do you think of Christian/Atheist relationships?

Atheists how do you feel about dating/marrying a Christian, and how do Christians feel about dating/marrying a Atheist?





How would this effect any children you would have?





How important are the different outlooks you have on the world.





I know that love is very important, but could you truly be happy with someone who views the world so differently?What do you think of Christian/Atheist relationships?
There is no way I could spend every day of the rest of my life with someone who believes they can telepathically communicate with a magical wizard in the sky.What do you think of Christian/Atheist relationships?
Unequally yoked. Relationships.





If one marries and one becomes a believer after the marriage. If they choose to stay together it is legal. But to keep you out of confusion and to have Godly offspring. That is not the way to go.





Atheists can be very precarious people. They have no idea that the simple act of being someones friend can change their brain chemistry,prove their functioning in this world.





It is dignity in being loyal to someone. Marriage is a gift from God.
The result in marriage is for a man and woman to become one in both body and spirit. Why would either of them want this considering their huge differences? Wouldn't it be a tough marriage with two world views and two different codes of conduct?





2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?








2Cr 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?








2Cr 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.








2Cr 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,








2Cr 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
However much you may think LOVE is the most important thing in a relationship - trust me IT ISN'T! I've been married for 22 years to the same man. Sure we love eachother and we even go to the same church. But our views on religion and spirituality still differ quite a bit and have been the source of much contention and issue in our marriage many times.





Sharing common life views, morals, values, goals, respect, and eternal perspectives is FAR MORE important in any lasting relationship then ';LOVE';. Because Love changes with time and goes through cycles and growth, and highs %26amp; lows but the core of who you each are as individuals is FAR more complex then just the degree or amount of LOVE you feel at any given moment...... Vastly different religious and world views will tear most relationships apart In my opinion.
If I was dating someone, the first few questions would go like... What is your favorite kind of music? What are your views on the world? What are your religious beliefs?';





And I would hope they would answer in detail. After that last question was answered, I would hope never to hear anything about it again, unless they were changing beliefs. I would be able to live with a christian wife if she didn't push her religion on me.
Well I was an atheist who married a Christian, and I suppose whether you think the outcome was good or bad depends on your position on the matter.





After 8 years of marriage, I converted to Christianity.





Turns out, I think, the smartest thing an atheist can do, is to fall in love with an extremely patient and trustworthy Christian.





Hope that helps.
1. I am married to a catholic, but not a ';hardcore'; one.





2. My children are not baptized, do not go to church, etc.


But, we do celebrate easter, christmas, etc.





3. We really don't talk about religion much really. Its not that important to either of us in our daily lives. I spend more time talking about it on Y!A than IRL.





4. Yeah, I don't think I could get along with a fundie, but a normal christian is fine. Most catholics (and other denominations for that reason) that I know are only C%26amp;E catholics/christians anyways.
My mother is Christian and my father atheist.





They've been together for decades, and are still very happy. Even though they may not agree about some ideas, they respect each other's opinion, and their differing religious views have yet to cause any serious rift between them.
I'm in one. My gf is christian and we have a fantastic relationship because we both respect the beliefs of the other. As for kids, she has two and they are of course free to decide what they want to believe based on their own experiences. It's not really hard to have a relationship like this as long as one or the other isn't a fundie. But love is love. It's stronger than anything and we both love each other.
I'm an Atheist.


I would be ok about dating a Christian as long as they are not ';hardcore'; with their beliefs. Although it's interesting, because I've never dated anyone who isn't an atheist.


I guess if you really loved someone, beliefs wouldn't matter.
i dont think your religion shud play a part in love but iif the whole sex before marraiige thing wuz a problem, or ur reliigions caused a problem, then noo.
Never last. In-fact do Christian on Christian relationships last. I think you will find that answer in the American divorce rate.
It would make for some very interesting family get togethers at Christmas.
as if relationships weren't challenging enough.
I love guilt-free, pre-marital relations.
Okay, as long as it's strictly sexual.
doesn't matter, as long as she doesn't try and pollute me with her beliefs.
I fell in love with a christian who is now an atheist thanks to me.
';Do not be unequally yolked'; says the Bible.





I would never consider an atheist. Most atheists seem to have issues.


I would not be happy married to an unbeliever.
Any Christian that dares associates himself with an atheist should be stoned!!!!!!11111

No comments:

Post a Comment