Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you need to know to about your partner's past relationships and how many partners they have been with?

Do you need to know to know how many partners your spouse has been with before, how many people they slept with, and how close they were, or is it all none of your business?


Do you need to know to about your partner's past relationships and how many partners they have been with?
I don't need to know how many partners they've been with...I completely disagree with judging a person based on how many people they've slept with so it's of little consequence to me and none of my business. However, if things are getting serious between myself and my partner, I do appreciate being told if they had a 'significant' ex, i.e. if they've been married or in a very long-term relationship. But again, if they choose not to tell me that's ok, it just usually crops up when you meet their friends and family. My current partner lied to me, and it was only after 7 months and persistent hints from his friends that he admitted he'd been married for 20 years. I don't ask about his ex wife because unless he volunteers the information it's none of my business, but I am glad that I know. As to the number of partners he's had...we jokily talked about it once and he has no idea how many, and that's not a problem to me.Do you need to know to about your partner's past relationships and how many partners they have been with?
No sweetheart, for a number of reasons.





The first is that each relationship one has is that of a learning curve and mistakes are made, in many people, not repeated as they have learned from them, going into their next relationship. Some people jump into many short term relationships one after another at a certain stage in their lives, for different reasons, and they learn from them which is a 'positive'.





If a new partner tells you about all or some of their relationships, and the situations shared with other people, this may well affect your relationship with your new other half or vice versa. Half the time, a new partner will only mention half the story and not the full story warts and all, so its a good idea, in my opinion, not to 'go there'. The only way we really find out if the person is suited to us is the hard way unless a close trusted friend or family member of our own, who has our best interests at heart, knows our new partner does not possess any good honest nice qualities.
To be honest it is no ones business what happened in a previous relationship..The worst thing to do is talk about ones past sex life because that will cause problems..Sometimes it makes the person your now with feel inferior and they feel like you are comparing them to your past lovers and that alone will be enough to cause a rift between two people....





The past is the past so leave it there... it has it's own place.The present and the future are whats important





Personally I could care less about my hubby's past..it is what it is as mine is
There are two sides to this coin on one end yeah you wanna know because one of these guys could be in her everyday life and if you dont feel comfortable with that situation then you can tell her on the flip side it sucks knowing and you always will wonder did she lik how he did it more than me? Am I the best? How come she doesnt do that with me? Stuff like that so its 50 50 man.
I'd say that if the two of you were married, you both probably should have felt comfortable enough with each other to share this info before you were actually married.





The question really shouldn't be weather or not it's any of your business, the question should probably be why should it bother you how many people they have been with?



I'm one of those who needs to know so I asked my husband (before we got married) to make a list of the girls he'd been with before me. After seeing it on paper, my insecurities went away and now I have no jealousy whatsoever. The past is just that, and now we have our whole lives together. Do you need to know about your spouce's former lovers? :-)
None of my business and I don't really care who and how many people he has been with. He is with me now and that is where my focus is.





I think this information will bring problems into the relationship at some point or another. It really is not necessary to know.
No you don't need to know all those things. It's none of your business, and why would you want to know all of that information in the first place?? To reflect on while you're with that person and compare what they did with others to what they do with you? Yea...that's healthy.
there's a very popular saying...PAST is PAST...which is true and it means you dont need to know about past unless she /he tells you about it.Every day is a lesson and what we did in the past wrong or right was just a life lesson... we are still learning,updating ourselves.
Unless the partner was violent in the past, or been to prison for some reason, what went on in their life, who they have been with is none of any ones business.
I'm one of those that likes to know that information. I'm not sure it is a need though. I guess if she didn't want to share that information I would have been fine. Not sure why it would need to be a state secret though.





fs
I dont know, it shouldnt matter, but my partner and I have told each other, depends on the person who knows if there telling the truth anyway, its just one of those things that may come up in conversation one day.....????
from my experience..its always a bad idea..your both going to get jealous..start thinking about things...comparing rlationships...its a waste of energy...keep focused on the future..not the past!!
it's not that it's none of my or his business. it just doesn't matter. what's past is past.
I don't feel a need to know...whats in the past should stay in the past...
Why would you have to know all of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment