Friday, November 25, 2011

I recently discovered that I have food allergies. Are there any relationships between these foods?

I am allergic to Strawberries, Green Apples, and Almonds. I went to my doctor, who's a bit of a dope, to find out if there was any connection between these foods and what I should do about it. She stated that, ';I should not eat these foods.'; Well that seems like the obvious solution, but what about foods that I'm allergic to that I don't know about yet. For example I just started eating guacamole, and unfortunately had an allergic reaction. Thank God for Benydryll. So I guess I have to add avocados to my list too. So basically what I'm wondering is if anyone can see any relationship between these four foods. Also, is is bad that I still eat these, but preface my munching with a swig of children's benedryll while holding in epy pen in my hand just in case my throat closes completely?I recently discovered that I have food allergies. Are there any relationships between these foods?
the relationship between all these foods is that they are grown with insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. These are very potent chemical poisons. You are probably reacting to the poisons. As for your doctor, you may be more happy if you changed to a ';naturopathic or osteopathic'; type of doctor who will understand this.I recently discovered that I have food allergies. Are there any relationships between these foods?
I would think this is true, but I eat organic fruits and vegetables.

Report Abuse



I would think this is true, but I eat organic fruits and vegetables.

Report Abuse



Go see someone who specialize in allergies
I have Coelliac Disease which basically means for me that I can't eat gluten (found in a lot of grains), dairy products, I need to keep my sugar down and I really try to look after myself. So when I read that you had a reaction to guacamole it triggered something in my brain. You might be allergic to something other than the most obvious eg. another product in the guacamole. Also it usually takes at least a couple of hours for a reaction to manifest itself and it is not very easy to diagnose food allergies. I suggest that you read up on food allergies and if you haven't done already insist on being tested for gluten sensitivity with a blood test as it is quite common and in the early stages very difficult to diagnose. Also suggest that you find a doctor that you trust and respect.
I can't see a direct relationship but they are all in the seed family, so it could possibly be a similar type of seed that you are allergic to - just a thought. Also as far as the eating thing goes, don't keep eating them. Even though you only get hives or rashes right now, if you continue to harm your body that way, your throat will for sure close eventually. The epi pen is a great thing to have on hand at all times, but that only guarantees 20-30 minutes of relief so if something does happen make sure an ambulance is called immediately after administerring the epi pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment