Friday, November 25, 2011

When girls have bad relationships with their fathers, HOW should they create their own self esteem/worth?

How should they create a better future for themselves so that men do not take advantage of their low self esteem/vulnerability?When girls have bad relationships with their fathers, HOW should they create their own self esteem/worth?
I went through this with my own father and spent a lot of time making bad choices b/c of bad self esteem. You can't just ';get over it and quit being a victim'; as Coqui said. Therapy can help as the person below him had mentioned. I couldn't afford therapy however so I found other ways to boost my self esteem. I stopped interacting with men who were users, losers and abusers and surrounded myself with friends and family who made me feel good about myself. I found hobbies and interests that I enjoyed and was really good at. I used the success I felt from participating in those activities to remind myself how much talent and value I had. I focused on work and school and did my best in both, which gave me a sense of pride and self worth. I also did a lot of positive thinking exercises where I spent time everyday telling myself how smart, talented, worthy and bautiful I was and that I deserved only the best. I told myself that the way my father treated me and the bad things that happened in my life are not a reflection of who I am as a person. I was kind to others and volunteered in my community which also made me feel good about myself and took better care of my health and body. Your mind is a very powerful thing and if you surround yourself with positivity and tell yourself positive things, you truly start to believe it and carry yourself in that way. Don't let your relationship with your Dad ruin your self esteem. You cannot control another person's actions, and it is not your fault that he treats you bad. Good luck!When girls have bad relationships with their fathers, HOW should they create their own self esteem/worth?
you are a Beautiful woman . Intelligent, and understanding. don't forget the pops is always a grouch. still let him no you are not daddy's little girl
Having a strong Mother who serves not only as a positive role model but that encourages her.
Easy, Stop feeling like a victim. You are what you think you are and stop looking for a father figure to love.
I really think these issues can only be dealt with through therapy, not just a few answers from Y!A.
they can have a better relationship if their husband treats them good not like the way their dad did

No comments:

Post a Comment