Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you think fairy tales negatively affect a woman's view on relationships?

The woman always ends up with a prince and happily ever after. Did this image shape your ideals as a child so that when you grew up there was diappointment in relationships?Do you think fairy tales negatively affect a woman's view on relationships?
You have grown up thinking that what someone says or thinks controls how you feel. This is not true.





It is always the way we see things that make the way it is. You need to change the way you look at things.





For example - If someone lost their job, they can think ';it is the end of the world for me';. Or they can look at it another way. They can think ';what a wonderful opportunity I now have to find a better job, one that I love and more money';.





If someone doesn't ';like you';, you can think ';woe is me, I'm very unpopular without any friends';. Or you can think ';thank you my friend for showing me that I need to love myself more, so that you can love me';.





If you want anything, you have to give it away first.


If you want to be loved or liked by others, - you have to like or love others.


If you want friends - you have to give friendship to others.


if you want happiness - you have to give happiness to others.





Do all the above and more for others, and then watch the friendships grow. As this grows, your self confidence will grow, as you see just how clever and nice you are.


Once you can see you are a really nice person, others will see that you are also.





The power is in your hands.Do you think fairy tales negatively affect a woman's view on relationships?
umm yes...majorly.


in fact, i feel that it sort of builds an expectation for happy endings and a sense of permanence which is only broken once u grow older, suffer through relationships that dont work out followed by bitter breakups and you realize that people really aren't black and white like they are in fairy tales..the guy's not always either a prince or evil....there are so many various curves and edges to people's personalities that you never really know anybody enough to say you've reached your happy ending with them.
Definitely. I know as a kid I always was so excited to find my prince charming, but now that I'm old enough I've realized it's not quite that simple. Love at first sight doesn't always happen, and what you think is love isn't always love at all. Then there are billions of other complications that might come up, and he might not be who you expected he was in the first place. All of this is ignored by the fairytales that we learn as children (I personally think we should resort to teaching the originals- they're much more believable).
no...actually...it was letting go of that ideal that made me think that allowing guys to use me was a good way to go...I think girls should be taught to hold on to their desires more...and if that desire is to be romantic, so be it.
Yes.


Its candy coats everything to make it seem like most guys that the princesses stumble upon are always perfect.





They may be fun to watch but can really corrupt your mind.





Don't buy into it.
no


not every woman believes in a happy ever after with prince charming


and if they do then they need to wake up

No comments:

Post a Comment