Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do parents not teach their children anything about relationships anymore?

Anytime you come on answers you are swarmed with ignorant tweens and teens on here talking about how they ';love their bf'; or they ';think he is the one.'; or even worse they are ';13 and think they got pregnant from kissing'; Why are so many parents completely neglecting their roles as parents to their children and allowing the TV and internet to raise their kids?Do parents not teach their children anything about relationships anymore?
So many times the parents are selfishly living their life instead of putting the kids first. I see examples of this over and over in the low-income area where I live, but it's not just prevalent in low-income families, in happens in families of every economic level. This happens when families fall apart, there has been such stress on the marriage for a prolonged length of time that the adults just ';decompress'; and kind of lose their head. They fail to live up to their responsibilities for a time. Also, a lot of them are not thinking things through and are having kids before they are ready. We also have a society in which people don't see things as right or wrong anymore. It's ';anything goes';. This has consequences, and our kids are paying the price through mass confusion.Do parents not teach their children anything about relationships anymore?
I have been very open with my son when it comes to sex and having a relationship. I have made it clear that he can come to me at anytime and talk to me. That is a big problem, there is no communication or the parents think that their kids are fine and they wouldn't do those things that they aren't supposed to do. Its an assumption on the parents part and the kids hide things from their parents.





There are a lot of single parents out there that have to work long hours or more then one job to make ends meet, so quite a few kids are latch key kids. I make sure that I am available for my child and any other kid that needs to talk.
why else do you think ignorant, lazy, irresponsible, selfish, and sad to say last but not least they don't care. The list goes on but I dare not write it because it scares me that some adults think that way. I'd be damned if I allowed my child to allow someone else to influence them in an ignorant manner... (well that's if I had children) (will be soon though) I know what it feels like to be young and clueless, seeking guidance and everyone you turn to their advice takes me no father than the black hole they just crawled out of. Trial by error seems like the new way of learning, or lets see what such and such thinks, ';maybe what they say can assist me in some way';. I applaud all you young folk who make it out the madness regardless of whatever initiative your parents should take or have taken.......
I do not know, but it makes me crazy too. Parents need to be supervising and guiding their kids. I think so many of them just flat out are not at home.





I am glad that I can be there for mine when they need me, and also for the kids who's parents are slacking.
I don't know about everyone else, but I plan on being completely honest with my kids. Even so much as to tell my future daughter to not expect much her first time having sex. I want my kids to be well educated in all aspects of life.
certainly no mine never did with me i had to learn the hard way kind of strange but normal i say learning the hard way is better i grew up in a hard situation .
Because they are afraid. They figure that if they don't teach them they wont try because /they/ will be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment