Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why are some people so against interracial relationships?

I don't see what the big deal is....we're all God's children. I already know what my own belief is--I think that love knows no color, age, etc. But what do you think?Why are some people so against interracial relationships?
I am from Puerto Rico and we are a mixture of European, African and Taino (original indigenous people of the island) after the colonization of the island. In fact genetical studies prove that people here have a percentage (don't remember the number) of African blood in our blood even if it is white-skinned. In fact my two grandfathers were dark skinned and my two grandmothers are white skinned. While my two parents look white, two of my siblings are medium-dark skinned, 1 light-dark skinned and I am white skinned to the point that they joke that I reflect the sunlight. Don't get me wrong, some people may still be racist but for people here who are racist towards a dark-skinned person there is a saying ';Y tu abuela donde esta?'; , translated to ';And your grandmother, where is she?'; meaning that you still have african blood.





What I am getting to is that we are descendants of interracial relationships, does that make all of us bad persons? Criminals? Impure? Love is love no matter the color of the skin.Why are some people so against interracial relationships?
I agree with you. I have an inter racial family and I have no problem with it. They are my family and I love them and don't know any other way to put it. If you are both truly in love with each other the relationship may endure the test of time better that these young racially segregated marriages do, married a year and filing divorce papers already. Do you think they went in thinking if they didn't like the arrangement they could bail? That's not what the vows they took said though. I know some really beautiful women of color, God Fearing, kind, loving, smart, considerate, respectful, and if I were not married already I would have asked to date anyone of them and maybe marry if we were compatible. I have to love the person I marry, no one else has to. Yet in some cases just to know them is to love them. It is becoming so common now days that no one seems to notice or mind, we are just treated like every body else. So maybe in the next few years there won't be any more racial boundaries. I hope so.
Because they're ignorant on the matter, and I don't mean that as a put-down to anyone. It's just that most people believe what they were taught growing up.








Edit: Kari, you do realize the President is mixed, right? I don't see too many people ';treating him badly';. It's 2009. The majority of people are totally fine with interracial relationships and biracial children. It's the minority that's against it.
Those people are uneducated.





I'm in university studying biological anthropology (human evolution) and there's just so much ignorance and misconceptions about ';race.'; In fact anthropologists don't even like to use that term...no one is more intelligent or ';civilized'; just because of skin colour or ethnicity. We are all human. Period.
I'm not against it... lots of people I know and care for are interracial couples... not sure It'd be for me though. I dunno why just wouldn't feel right to me... but I know thats not the case for everyone and that's cool too :)
I agree, yet I still find myself unattracted to some races. I think the media is to blame -- telling us since we were young what attractive and unattractive is. Also, maybe upbringing? But then again, I was brought up well, so I couldn't really tell you.
I'm against it for the sake of the children. To many people are prejudice and treat mixed people badly. other than that, it's fine.
People are ignorant and are scared. They don't like things to be different. But hey if you have no problem with interracial dating that hey more power to ya. And who cares what everybody else thinks, follow your own heart.
Ignorance of the ancestors. Passed on from generation to generation.


Hatred breed's hatred as they say.





Love should have no boundary. Whatsoever.
I think your right love knows no color but most people are against it only because of what the child might endure like being picked on or beat up for a white/black color or what ever there race is.
Because they aren't happy and they don't want anyone else to be happy either
Because they are plain racist. There is no other possible explanation in the world.
i think people are stupid





moses had an interracial marriage
Becaus they're racist or asses





I have no problem with it, if there's love, WHO CARES?
I AGREE.


its so weird.


there shouldnt be any deal with it at all.


some people are so racist though.
I aggree! except for the age bit, paedophiles are a problem
I'm black and I've dated outside of my race. My ex was Italian actually. I think It's a beautiful thing you know.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment