Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why relationships are so important to me?

I have a weird tendency. I always think a relationship is more important than anythingi else and only relationships can bring me happiness. now i dont have anyone and i feel extremely lonely. I don't know how to make myself happy by my own. anyone can help?Why relationships are so important to me?
My best friend struggled with this, too. She didn't feel content to be single and always HAD to have a boyfriend. Then, when she had a boyfriend, everything in her life took second place to his ambitions, his goals, his needs and wants. It was related, in a large part, to her low self-esteem. It seemed so weird to me because she's smart, beautiful, funny - everything that should lead to a lot of confidence.





The best thing she did was go to counseling with a certified professional. The therapist helped her figure out WHY she was basically ';addicted'; to relationships, and helped her find techniques to improve her self-esteem and feel happy on her own.Why relationships are so important to me?
You aren't going to get what you want on Y/A, but this is my suggestion, try being single for awhile and develop a good support group of friends and family. you will feel a bit more validated by friends then by going in and out of relationships.
You know at point i felt the same way as you did, Its because we are the only child that our parents have, and we got nothing taken away from us, and we beleive that in a relationship we will never be alone, or have anyone steal our relationship away from us, thats my theory on a situation, But what i did personally when i was at my lowest and felt soo lonely is I did different things that i did not do, for example, I hated Art, was never a drawer, soo i dropped in to a class to draw art, and there i found people different people and i became friends with them, and soo forth and soo forth and soo forth until you meet that special someone, and you will and learn somethings too, My son had tyhe same promblem, soo he joined the American Legion for sons of american legion, He learned and now he is part manager of the hall, he laughed and made alot of new friends, had a girl friend or two, and started over, Say you cant stand tennis, say you cant shoot pool, sure you can, JUST DO IT
Finding someone else won't help. You'll just become dependent on them. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else. You can find someone now, but will that relationship really work? First, you will pour EVERYTHING into the relationship; consequently, you will expect the same thing from your partner. Most likely, your partner will never be able to satisfy you because your expectations of them will be too high. So, you'll either stay in a crappy relationship, or break up and be in the same boat. This cycle will repeat until you find happiness within yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment