Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grew up without a mother. How does that impact relationships I have?

My mother died when I was very young, and I haven't had another motherly figure in my life since. But I was raised by a really great dad. Does anyone know how the absence of a mother affects:


1.) relationships I have with adults, especially adult women?


2.) the kind of mother I'll turn out to be myself?Grew up without a mother. How does that impact relationships I have?
Relationships with other adults, especially women may be difficult, after all the FIRST adult in your life is your mother, your very first relationship is with your mom and you tend to base future relationships upon this. I am a single parent (male) and I have a 19 yr old daughter who has not had a mother/mother figure in her life since she was 6. She has struggled all her life with forming friendly relationships with other girls her age and with a lot of women. She is going to be a mother in 6 months and she is totally lacking in skills needed to care for and raise a baby. She also has a problem with choosing decent boy friends, she has never seen the interaction between a husband and wife, and most importantly how to define herself as a Wife, a mother and a woman. A father can definitely provide love, nurturing and a lot of things a girl needs, but it is never the same in many areas......a Dad knows the basics about periods, breasts, your body etc, but we have never experienced your hormones, mood swings and all the things that define a female.


As for the kind of mother you will be, that depends on you, your family and your natural instincts. Most likely you will be an excellent mother. Remember no female gives birth and a switch turns on and you are instantly transformed into someone who knows everything. You learn daily, just as a child learns.Grew up without a mother. How does that impact relationships I have?
Well honestly I believe you choose what mother you become but if you think really does affect the outcome then I'm pretty sure you'd do fine. You will probably just want to be there for your child. You'll wanna be the mother figure because you are. If anything this is just something you'll see you grew up without of mom. You being a mom will help you see what it's like to have one by your child's eyes. I think that even though you grew up with love you'll always be curious. As for relationships with older women maybe one would stick out as motherly to you.
My mother left my two brothers and me when I was 3 years old. The only way it has affected me, I think, is to make me closer to the people I DO have. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful father, however he died when I was only 9. I was sent to live with my uncle(dad's brother) who died only 15 months later. Then, I was sent to live with my grandparents and my grandfather died 21 months later. My grandmother raised me by herself from then on and did a GREAT job! However, when I was only 15 years old she became sick while still raising my younger brother and I. I was in a wonderful relationship for app. a year and with no other choice I got married (i was only 15 and my husband was 20) we took custody of my little brother and had a baby 10 months later. I wouldn't trade anything that has happened to me. It has made me a stronger person. My point in telling you all of this is I believe me not knowing my mother has made me a BETTER mom. Knowing that she walked out on us has made me want to become the PERFECT mom to my girls(I have 4). I do think that it has made me ';attach'; to people to strongly:) You can be a wonderful mom if you choose to. I think you can have strong, healthy relationships with whomever you want! BE STRONG!!! BTW: I have been married for almost 10 years now:)
awww im sorry to hear about ur mom!


u control how you act with adults - men and women.


and u can be any kind of mother you want, you have that choice. im dont think not having a mother growing up will affect too much.
1)You aren't good with females and probably not a good person/woman yourself.


2)The same as your mother -- nothing, you'll probably abandon your kids too.
It impacts relationships as much as you let it. If you are that worried about it, seek counseling.
It affects you only as much as you let it. You be the mother you would have wanted.
I agree with ';The Guy whos right'; be the mother you would have wanted.
  • gold eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment